
Okay so many of you know that I am working super hard on trying to get back my way "super hot body". And I like quick fixes. About a year ago Kyle and I started drinking these protein shakes. Oh my gosh! When we did we both felt full, had more energy and were able to concentrate better at work. So we found the recipe again, I am actually going to start drinking these for breakfast and lunch and then just snack on fresh fruits and veggies in between.
The Quick Magical Breakfast Blaster2 servings,
136 calories per serving
1 scoop (1/3 cup) Soy protein (like Nature's Plus Spiru-Tein)
1/2 tablespoon flaxseed oil
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 large ripe banana (or other fruits of your choice)
1/2 tablespoon apple juice concentrate or honey
1 teaspoon Psyillium seed husksPeel banana; break into chunks.
Put all ingredients in a blender.
Add 12 ounces of water and ice, as well as powdered vitamins. Cover, blend until fairly smooth.
* Kyle and I had tried it with Strawberries and blueberries but it was pretty bitter.... from all the times I have tried to play around with it just make sure you use a banana.
* I started using honey that was harvested localy. Its proven that if you eat honey from your local beehives that (at least a teaspoon a day ) it will help with your allergies. I figured this would be good since I just went from living in the Las Vegas desert to tons of trees and grass... isn't Utah suppose to be a desert too?



2 comments:
Sounds pretty awesome, my mom was just telling me to drink shakes for breakfast and to put flaxseed in it. How funny is that? Im going to have to get me some. Is it best if you freeze the fruit so its extra frozen?
I just buy frozen blueberries..
1.) they are cheaper..2.) you get more bang for your buck esp when they are out of season. 3.) they don't go bad. I just throw them into the shake frozen right out of the freezer and its just fine. YUM YUM.
Post a Comment