Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Work Week 2

Can I just say I love my new job? I really really do. I enjoy everything about. There is always something new that I am doing or learning. Like today was pretty eventful S-E-R-I-O-U-S-L-Y.

So I did tons of manual bloodpressures.. I have actually been having some problems with this one. It has been like 5 years since I have done it, for the past 4 years I have been spoiled and had the machines do it for me. NOT here, and then most of my patients are really sick and old. So then I stand there and sort of second guess my self. Oh and not to mention that they are building onto the OB-GYN area ( which is conected to my hallway ) so all the pounding and sounds of the tools make listening even harder. I have quite a few flu shots, and a couple phenonia shots. I am really enjoying drawing blood. I dont know what it is but I really do love poking people with needles. Crazy huh? I just think its fun.. Is it weird that I kinda like doing throat cultures? I know the patients aren't thrilled about it. I do feel bad for flu cultures .ECG's are interesting to do on women who are enhanced. Oh and lets not forget the pelvic exam. Normaly I wouldnt have to be in the room but the provider was a male... so yeah. Interesting is a bit of an understatment.

But for the most part I really am loving it. I have really taken to one patient in particular he comes in about once a week. He is just soo sweet spirited. A couple of years ago he was a normal guy with a good job, but he was involved in a horrible accident and suffered a lot of brain trama. I just love him... he really lights up the room. ( He said I was an angel and that he could see my halo ... CUTE ;)

Okay so do you wanna hear how dumb I am? Too bad I am going to tell you anyway. So all of our exam rooms do not have clocks in them.. so I have to wear a watch. ( I am not a jewlry person.. studed earings and I am good, rings bother me and I can't stand having stuff around my wrist ) So I went out and bought an el cheepo watch (cause I am going to just take it off and probably loose it). Anyway the watch wasnt set and it was like 9 hours off. So I am talking to a co-worker... and I say I don't even know how to set the watch... I was turning the little knob thing and nothing was happening... DUH GENIUS.

1 comment:

Rachel Mohat said...

Sounds like good times! I did urgent care for a year, so I am very proficient with the vaginal exams having to be present and all. GREAT TIMES!!! LOL Its only going to get better!