Friday, August 22, 2008

Small Choices

Decisions and tiny choices…
All lead to gigantic outcomes
Thread by thread we are bound
Choice by choice we are lead
Down a path that we create
With small choices made everyday
We build our life
We choose our course
Blinded by it seeming to affect one
But their rippling effects touch many


I've just been thinking a lot about how our small choices lead us to where we are in our lives. How we think small ones don't make such an impact. Some take us off course just a little bit, but if you continue at that angle for long long time...you are miles away from where you wanted to be.
I took an apple the other day and it had a yucky spot on it so I cut it off. I took a big bite into it on the opposite side and it tasted so NASTY. I was thinking how we make choices in our lives that we THINK only affect certain things. But it's not true. It carries over into every area of our life. I had to throw that whole apple away because that one rotten spot tainted the whole taste of the apple.
So if it is true for the apple does it or can it apply to relationships as well? Does one rotten spot in a relationship cause the relationship in a whole to become " rotten"? Or could it just be in the eye of the beholder? Like some fruit such as peaches, plums and most of the berries, the ones that look spoiled tend to make the best and the sweetest jam. Could those seemingly blotched things in your relationship cause it to be simply sweet in the end? If you simply take those tainted and blotched moments and simply learn and grow from them?

2 comments:

Rachel Mohat said...

I like this one, this is along the lines of how I think. Things that make you go hmmmmm

Coffin Cutie said...

very deep, and grown up i guess one could say. Im proud of you for coming to this realization and sharing it with others me included.