Tuesday, December 2, 2008

BLAH!

I think this pretty much sums it up. Yesterday was Day #1 it was so hard to sleep Sunday night I think I only slept maybe 2 hours. Anyway I went to work for most of the day. The clinical charge nurse and the providers were way understanding. Since I do work in internal medicine where most of the sick people come in. They are going to pull me out of IM, so I will be less likely to get some nasty virus, so I will actualy for then next little while working out of the OB's provider office doing result notes. Pretty easy I think. They are letting me take some time off of work just to adjust, but on the days that are really hard and I have to work they have an NST lounge that I can go in... oh and quick acess to IV Zolfran (its an anti nausea medication that I am in love with right now.)

So after a semi early day at work I drove my self to the Chemo Den at the Huntsman Cancer Insitute.I call it the Chemo Den because I sit in one of about ten Lay-z-Boy chairs set in a circle where other Chemo patients are hooked in to the drip. Nothing like a bunch of fogies sitting in a circle talking about their aches and pains ... much like the San Francisco Opium Dens in the early 1900's but with a sterile environment and nurse supervision. Oh yeah, there's no opium either, just a variety of Chemos that range in color and effects. Today I got the cherry coolaid in a vial, a smaller clear vial of sweetness, and an IV bag of watery goodness.

I do have to say I have been rather selfish and I am lucky. Yeah chemo sucks, but it could be a lot worse. There are people there who recieve chemo everyday or everyweek and have for some time now. I however am on a semi low dose, and as of right now I only need 2 treatments. I go for round 2 on the 21st, then go in for another CT scan. I DO NOT have cancer!! But they have put me on chemo because of the rapid rate that the tumor has grown. They took it out in June and it has grown to about the size of a grape. The nuro oncologist has been great I have been really impressed.

So far I have just been really tired, extreamly nausiated, the burning in my throat is already starting to get old. I really do need to say thank you to Mike and Emily for comming up there to get me and drive my car home. Well we will see where this all goes.

1 comment:

Rachel Mohat said...

I hope things are going to start looking up real soon, I am sorry you are having to go through all this! LOVE YA